Tuesday, July 20, 2010

In the Garden




Guess what? Whiff of Joy is having a Guest DT contest right now - and since I love my Elisabeth Bell images (as well as all of the other great designers for WoJ) I wanted to join in the fun. The challenge is to make a summer themed card. Every summer, I buy lots of flowers to plant around my house, and unfortunately, I just don't have a green thumb (or maybe it's because I spend way more time coloring my cards than I do tending garden!) Anyhow, this is as close as I can get to a beautiful garden of flowers!


All of these stamps are from the Spring 2010 kit collection. I colored Willow, the birdbath and all of the flowers with my copics. I added some ultra fine Sage Flower Soft in the bouquet and around the base of the birdbath. I love how this looks like moss growing up the side. I also added some Liquid Glass to the water in the birdbath. The fabulous embossing was done using the new Cuttlebug Brocade Window ( which I truly love!) I added ink to the embossed areas, which really made it pop! Finally, no garden would be complete without a sweet little lady bug - and this one just happens to be nice and glittery (and a sweet present from my friend Iris!)

Thanks for looking!

Challenges:
Whiff of Joy - GDT
Stamping Scrapping Challenge Center - water (remember the birdbath!)
Design Dollies Color Challenge - teal, brown, cream, red
Shabby Tea Room - From the Garden - picture inspiration
Wild Orchid - Say it with flowers
Artful Inkables - Make your own background paper
Creatilicious - 3-d
All Sorts - Summer Days
Bunny Zoe's - Summer Days

18 comments:

Leah the Orange said...

oooh, Gini - this is lovely! you rocked my Color Challenge this week - i KNEW my combo would produce gorgeous projects like this! thanks so much for playing in the Dollhouse!

Tenia Nelson said...

So pretty!!

Lisa said...

Beautiful garden card! Love the vintage images and the beautiful polka dot ribbon! Thanks for playing in the Tea Room!

Debbie said...

This is beautiful, Gini! So much lovely detail -- all the time it must have taken you to cut and color! Thanks for sharing with us this week in the Tea Room :)

Lisa Foster said...

WOW Gini! This is absolutely stunning! I love the beautiful embossing around your image :)
Hugs,
Lisa

bernietom47 said...

This is stunning! Love the moss on the bird bath, what a wonderful touch. Love the brocade window. I can't wait to get one.
Hugs
Bernie

KarenB said...

Gorgoeus work Gini, love the embossing.

Nicole said...

Pretty card! Love the embossing and the ribbon! Thanks for playing along with us at TSTR! :)

Audrey Pettit said...

Your card is so pretty! I love that embossed framework. Your coloring job on that stamped image and the flowers is fabulous. Love the cut work and the lady bug, too. Thanks for joining us this week in the Tea Room.

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Gorgeous card
Gini
Hugs Dianne xx :)

Dana Tatar {datatar} said...

Stunning card! Thanks for playing along with the Dollies!

Dena said...

Wow! That embossed frame is to die for gorgeous!!! Love the way you did this card!
Thank you so much for joining the very first Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge, we hope you will join us again!
Hugs, Dena

Stephanie said...

So much detail!You have done a great job. Thanks for joining us over at SSCC.

tiggertastic said...

very pretty work, lovely papers you have used there too
sarah x

Cheryl said...

Absolutely beautiful,love the embossing and your fabulous colouring!!! Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious!!
xx

Grenouille Greetings said...

This is gorgeous! I love the embossed frame and the image behind and in front. It give such beautiful depth especially with the added decoupaged elements. LOVELY! Warmest wishes, Lesley

Cindy2 said...

Terrific card...fabulous detail, please join us often at SSCC. Cindy2

Bec said...

WOW this is Fabulous.. thanks for playing along at Creatalicious.. Bec xx