Saturday, August 14, 2010

Bling it On!


I bet by now, you have had to put on your sunglasses from seeing all of the bling that the Beary Scrappy Gals have been sharing with you this week. This week's theme was so much easier for me than a CAS card!

I started with an image from Elisabeth Bell, which was just perfect for the Doodlebug Designs paper I had chosen.

In case you have ever wondered whether or not you can use our thick mulberry paper with your Cricut machine, I found out the answer is yes! I wanted my ice cream cone to have lots of texture, so I embossed the cone with the herringbone cuttlebug folder, and cut the ice cream out of Fuchsia mulberry paper. I was really pleased with the textures!

As for sparkles - this card has it all! Stickles, crystals, glitter paper!

Check back on the Beary Scrap DT blog on Monday to see our new inspirations!

Challenges:
Crafting Life's Pieces - sketch
Wild Orchids - Girly
Simon Says: Summertime Blues

10 comments:

Celeste said...

Oh my this is such a wonderful card.....

Karin said...

Lovely card! I really like it!

Hugs karin

Chelsea said...

OMG, this image is the cutest! The ice cream in the background is perfect! Love it Gini! Thanks for taking on this sketch, hope to see you back for more! :)
Luv,
Chelsea

Lena Katrine said...

Great card with lots of beautiful items :)
Thanks for joining us at WOC this time - best of luck!
Hugs, Lena K

Elise said...

Gini! You KNOW I love this card!!! It's filled with so much yummy colors and a big icecream cone that I want to gobble up ... looks so delightful! BEAUTIFUL work!!! Thank you so much for joining us at CLP!

Hugs,
Elise

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

I like the papers you used!! The image makes me want some chocolate ice cream!! Yum!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Sassylassy said...

Ahh. what a precious card. Image is so cute, she looks like she's enjoying a yummy treat. Ice cream cone is wicked cool, great job. I love the paper and the ruffle ribbon. Thank you for joining us this month at CLP.
Hugs Bonnie
CLP Designer

Patricia said...

Gini you already know I love your card and Im even more happier to see you playing in the CLP challenge. Thanks for playing, Good luck.
~Patricia

Christine said...

Oh, how sweet. What a wonderful stamp! Your card is just fabulous!! Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog!
xoxo, Christine

Maria Therese said...

Oh this is so cute!!!