Thursday, August 5, 2010

New Release at Digital Delights!

Are you excited about this month's new release from Digital Delights? I know I am! I've always loved anything to do with the Medieval period - knights, dragons, Camelot... you get the picture. I am really glad to share with you today my card made using Sparky the Knight. Our challenge was to use distressing (Yay! you know that makes me happy!) So besides using my CTMH edge distressor on all of my card stock, I cut a circle using my Kreaxions circle cutter out of an old book. I crumpled it up and sprayed it with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist - Chalkboard (Hot Chocolate). I added stickles all around, cause you know I love the contrast of the sparkle right by my distressed layers. Then I decided my flower embellishment needed to fit the theme, so I made a flower from an old pair of Levi's.

For my ribbon treatment, I decided this could not be girly either - so I layered 2 crocheted ribbons, 5/8" Ivory Crocheted Ribbon and 1.5" Brown crocheted ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon to achieve the look I was going for.

Challenges:
Sketch and Stash: sketch
Crafty Pad: ribbons and Flowers
Wild Orchid Challenge: lace
Alota: Distress
Craftilicious: make your own flowers

19 comments:

sundownerin said...

only one word to say........... woooowwwwwwwiiiiii

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Gini
A fabulous card,
hugs Dianne xx :)

Emma said...

A beautiful card, gorgeous colours and details.
Hugs Emma x
www.craftyemmasstore.co.uk

kaylou said...

Hi Gini
what a hansome knight he's adorable and your colouring is fab.
Hugs Kaylou xoxo

Cec said...

What a fun card. I love how you recycled stuff to make fabulous embellishments.
Hugs!
Cec

Wendy said...

Fantastci Gini!! I luv what you have done with Sparky!!

Rachel said...

Fabulous card Gini!!
hugs,
Rachel

Lisa said...

super card, the distressing is great!!!

Anita said...

Stunning card! I love the distressing.

maxine said...

wow a stunning card, I love the flower. Thanks for playing along at The crafty pad this week.

CraftyC said...

Your card is gorgeous Gini, beautifully embellished!
Clairexx

gina g said...

Wow gorgeous card, i love the image and beautiful flower. Thanks for joining us at Craftalicious for our challenge this week. luv gina xx

Michele said...

Such a fabulous card!!! Love the details. Hugs Michele x

Jill said...

wow wow wow stunning card Gini thanks for joining us at Sketch n stash hugs Jill xx

Suzi said...

Hi Gini, Gorgeous card, love that image and the design. Thank you for joining us this week at The Crafty Pad. Good luck in the draw.
Hugs
Suzi x

Marie said...

Love all distressing!

Thank's for participating in Alot 'Distress' challenge!

Marie

coldwaters2 said...

Wowzer this is absolutely brilliant so love that image and all that distressing and that flower I love it to bits.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Kim said...

WOW this is beautiful! What a fantastic card hun!!! Thanks for joining us at WOC!
Hugs~ Kim

JanJay said...

Fab card, love the distressing & great flower

Thanks for joining us at Craftalicious

Jan x