Saturday, August 21, 2010

Stitching Inspiration


Sew, have you enjoyed our stitching inspirations this week at the Beary Scrap DT Blog? I decided not only to stitch on my card, but to use a vintage sewing theme as well.

I am really not a good seamstress at all, but I do have great memories of my great-grandmother Memie trying to teach me to sew. She could walk in a store, sketch the dress that she saw and go home and sew it. She also kept bags and bags of lace that she would add to everything. So when I sewed the lace around the borders of this card, it made me smile thinking of her.

Last weekend, I went to CKC - Charlotte, and took two Tattered Angels classes - so this week, I have been spraying, painting and splashing Glimmer Mist on everything! I sprayed my lace with it. I painted some of the new Glimmer Glaze over my crystal brad to make it match my project. And I sprayed some Glimmer Mist over my border paper, after I stamped it. For my flower, I sprayed pages of an old phone book, and then wadded them up to dry - and then cut them using a Spellbinders die.

Papers: MME Laundry Line, Bazzill
Inks: Memento, Glimmer Mist, Glimmer Glaze
Stamps: Crafty Secrets

Challenges:
Papertake Weekly - sketch (although mine did turn out a bit different)
Practical Stampers - stitching
Stamptacular Sunday - buttons and bows
Creative Inspirations - recycle an element (phone book)
Pollycraft - In Stitches
Wild Orchid - One for the girls
Creative Card Crew - Sparkle and Shine
Paper Play - pink
Creatilicous - vintage

13 comments:

HappyCrafter said...

What a beautiful card, love the idea of using old phone book pages as a material, seems so wasteful throwing them out all the time.

Noomiy said...

Really so beutiful :)

Helga said...

Pretty card!

Kelly Massman said...

GREAT card! My mom would love this one--she used to sew all of the time!!!

Sprytebyrd said...

Beautiful card!
Thanks so much for joining us this week at Stamptacular Sunday ♥ Good luck on our Buttons & Bows challenge!
Don't forget to check out our Design Team Call!!
Dee (Spryte)
Sprytebyrds Spot

Celeste said...

Absolutely beautiful card... I love it...

Sharon Caudle said...

Beautiful card!!! Love, love, love that flower!!! Thanks so much for joining us at PTW!
hugs
Sharon

Penny said...

I love that flower!! thanks for playing along in the creatalicious challenge!

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card, love your flower.
Thanks for joining us at Paper Play for our "pink" challenge
hugs Mandy xx

Alicia said...

This is stunning...love all of the pink! Thanks for joining us at PaperPlay this week.
Alicia xx

Susan ~ Killam Creative said...

Oh Gini, this is just gorgeous! You are the Technique Queen, and a constant source of inspiration to me - thank you thank you thank you!

Cheers,
Susan

stampdiva said...

This is really beautiful. Vintage sewing is one of my favourite themes. Lynne M

Kylie said...

Oh Gini! What a stunning card. I love all of the gorgeous vintage details.
Thanks for playing at Creatalicious Challenges this month,
Hugs
Kylie