Saturday, December 4, 2010

My Shabby Christmas Wreath

A couple of years ago, I found this wonderful and shabby pink Christmas wreath, that I thought really had some potential. It has sat in my garage since then, up until this week. I finally had my inspiration for it! I striped the wreath down and cleaned it up - then I used a spray adhesive and covered it with Martha Stewart glitter. I made 3-dimensional flowers for it, using Webster's Pages papers and buttons. I hot-glued vintage Christmas ornaments all over - and then added broken rhinestone jewelery. Finally, a big pink bow, and it was ready to go.

Challenges:
Creative Inspirations: Christmas Gifts
Shabby Tea Room: Get in Shape
Wild Orchid: Old-fashioned/ Victorian Christmas
Wed. Creative Inspirations: Christmas Decorations
Fussy and Fancy: anything but a card
Oh Alice: DIY flowers
Bunny Zoe's: Christmas, but not a card
Stamp and Create: Tis the Season
Really Reasonable Ribbon: Anything but a card/winter/ribbon

21 comments:

Tanya said...

Oh, I love it Gini! So pretty!

Kelly Schelske said...

It's gorgeous Gini!!

La Vikinga said...

Looks amazing to me!!!

Charlotta / La Vikinga

shell said...

This is beautiful,thanks for joining us this week at Creative Inspirations Wednesday's Challenge Blog.
Shell xx

Dena said...

Your wreath is amazing! I love the pink!!!
Thank you for joining the Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge!
Hugs, Dena

Calypso said...

That is really pretty!!

Erin said...

What a great find. Love what you did with it. The flowers are a great idea. Thanks for joining us at Oh, Alice.

Court said...

THIS IS beautiful!!! Thank you so much for leaving me a nice comment about my puppy at Passionately Artistic! :) I love getting comments! :)

Ibis said...

Wow, this is beautiful! And I love most that it is pink!

http://SmilesByIbis.blogspot.com

designluvr said...

That is a beautiful wreath! I love vintage and that looks soo retro! Very nice!

Needher said...

That really appeals to my "Vintage" side. Gorgeous.
D

Debbie said...

Gini ... this is so very pretty -- would be perfectly in my PINK Victorian Home!!! I {heart} the little blingy pieces of jewelry you added! Thanks for sharing your lovely wreath with us in the Tea Room this week :)

Renegade_Geek said...

Just found your blog. LOVE your wreath. You've certainly inspired me to pull out an old plastic wreath I have in the basement and make something wonderful with it. Thank you!

NGCARDS said...

Fantastic work I love this! Thanks for joining in with our theme of Christmas Decorations over at Creative Inspirations Wednesday's Challenge Blog! xxx

Bonnie - Really Reasonable Ribbon said...

What a beautiful wreath Gini!! I'm so glad you joined our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge. I hope to see you back for another challenge soon!

Sue said...

Love the color combinations on your wreath! :)

Cor* said...

Holy Cramoli!!! This is stunningly gorgeous!! Love the colors! Was great to see you create 'Anything but a Card' this fortnight at Fussy & Fancy!! Happy Holidays!

Cor* said...

You are not gonna belive this Gini, but I am back to thank you for sharing your gift at Creative Inspirations this fortnight!

True :) said...

Oh wow girlfriend!!!!!
This is absolutely stunning! It would look great on my door! Need my addy? ;)

Thanks so much for joining us in this week's "Winter~Anything But a Card" challenge @ Really Reasonable Ribbon!

Hugs,
True :)
Visit my blog here.  :)

Andrea C said...

wow how amazing that you did this x

Mo said...

Wow... I love your Christmas wreath, and I love pink too !!!
Very beautiful.
Hugs,
Mo