Sunday, February 6, 2011

Look Ma - No Designer Paper!


I have to admit it - I am addicted to all of the beautiful designer papers out there - I just can't get enough. But, when the Shabby Tea Room put out the challenge for no DP and to make your own embellishments, I thought it would be fun.

I stamped by background using Heartfelt Creation's Elegante Border and Swirl PreCut Set (HCPC-2251). I added some German glass glitter to some of the swirls. I had seen a tutorial on making stuffed paper hearts at Emily Leiphart's blog and knew that I wanted to try something similar on this card. (It really reminded me of the old Iroquois beaded whimsy pincushions). I mounted this on a cut from Heartfelt Creations Decorative Window Scene Die. Finally, I made a stick pin to go through the heart using Tim Holtz Tattered Florals and Tattered Leaves. I tied a bow around the pin with antique seam binding that I got from Debbie Marcinkiewicz . I really love how this one turned out!

Challenges:
The Shabby Tea Room: Get Creative
Simon Says: Love is in the Air
Wild Orchid: Love is
Papertake Weekly: Anything Goes plus a flower
Mark's Finest Paper: Self-made flowers

11 comments:

Debbie said...

Gini, this is simply STUNNING! Oh so pretty in {pink} and what lovely embellies!! Thanks for sharing your creation with us in the Tea Room this week :)

Vicki Dutcher said...

Gorgeous card w/o dp! I love the closed rose too! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

PapierGirl said...

Gorgeous! I love that sweet little heart and all your embellies! Thanks for joining us this week at TSTR! :)

Tanya said...

Beautiful! Love everything about it!

Susan ~ Killam Creative said...

Gini, you are remarkable. Your creativity inspires me regularly. ::mwah::

Cheers,
Susan

redwasher1 said...

Fabulous flower and your card is gorgeous!!
Thanks for sharing it with us at Speedy's Friends.

Helen_e said...

Очень красиво!!! Сердечко просто фантастика!!!

Renkata said...

So elegant and romantic.
Fantastic layout.

Harriet Skelly said...

This card is so elegant - I love that rose you created! Thanks for playing with SPeedy's Friends!

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Wowza- this card is stunning and the flower is breathtaking! Thank you for playing along with Speedy's Friends!

Joanne (jojot) said...

pure gorgeousness....thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends