Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Take Time to Reflect with Sassy Cassie



I'm working on some cards to try to get on the Sassy Studio Designs DT - and one of the requirements is to make a card using this Sassy Cassie design. I love the results of this card! I wanted to make it look like she was looking at herself in a lake. I experimented with the reflection coloring, and ended up using less saturated colors, and going over the whole reflection with BG0000. I think it worked! I used the colors from the Copic Colour challenge (burnt umber, apricot and olive). Cassie is wearing a very stylish hat, so I am entering her in the Saturday Spotlight with Hidden Potential challenge this week too!

7 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is a gorgeous card!! Love the tall narrow and your reflection of the image!! Gorgeous coloring!! Thanks for joining us at the Saturday Spotlight this week!!
~Chris

Lori said...

You did a great job on this card....I can't wait to see it in person, pictures just never do them justice.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!! This is soo creative and what a gorgeous image!! Love the reflection off the water!! :) Thanks for joining us this week at Saturday Spotlight!! HUGS

Jessica G. said...

Awesome card -- your mirror image and distressing are perfect! Thanks for playing in this week's Saturday Spotlight challenge!!

Crystal said...

Wonderful card!!! Great image and lovin those colors!!!!

Dawn B. said...

Wow what great coloring.. I love the image and your reflection is amazing.. Great job.

Lindsay said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHH ok I LOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEE this card!!!!!! he hee awesome concept and beautiful execution!!!