This week, Xyron's DT is playing along with the team from Quick Quotes! How fun. I decided to create a folding screen/ home decor piece. I'm going to show you how to make this, using some heavy cardboard for the base. The Baggage Claim collection was just perfect for this. I may go back and add some travel photos later - but I think it would be cute to clip them on and change them out as desired.
1. Cut two pieces of chipboard 12" x 6.5". Cut a piece of chipboard 4" x 6.5" to use as a template for scoring. The chipboard is too thick to use a scoring board in the traditional manner, but I used the 4" wide template, and drew a pencil line every 4" on both pieces of board. Then I was able to score these lines.
2. Overlap the end panels of the cardboard strips, and adhere them together using the Xyron Mega Runner. This will give you 5 panels (the center one will be double thickness).
3. Fold the score lines back and forth, so that the screen will stay in position.
4. Ink the edges of the screen with the QQ Powder Puff Ink (Blue Lagoon).
7. Decorate each panel as desired - with the faux washi tape, stickers and stamped images.
Xyron: Mega Runner, 5" Creative Station, Teresa Collins Adhesive Kit, Teresa Collins Chipboard Punch
Zva Creative Gems: CRW-07CA-121; CRW-05CB-153
May Arts Ribbon: 408-05-10
WorldWin Papers: Heavyweight Chipboard
Heartfelt Creations: Balloon and Bicycle PreCut Stamp Set