Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Beary Scrap - Back to Nature





It's back to nature at the Beary Scrap. For me - the first thing that springs to mind is flowers. I've loved studying about flowers since I was a pre-schooler, so making handmade flowers is right up my alley.

I decided to share with you a different type of project. I made a pin. (Now, I'm not promising this won't end up on a layout, but for now, it's a wearable pin). I am so in love with the seam binding that Kimm is carrying in the store - and if you haven't tried it yet, you will fall in love too! I mixed two colors on my flower - Apricot and Melon. My center button is a custom epoxy I made using Cosmo Cricket's Salt Air and the Epiphany Craft 14 mm round tool and Vintage Setting. For my leaf flourish, I used a Heartfelt Creations/ Spellbinders die - and cut it out of grunge paper. I painted it using Distress Crackle paint. Then, cut out patterned paper form the Salt Air line, added some Distress Ink in Shabby Shutters and glued on top.

This challenge will go through the end of the month, so we would love to have you play along!

No comments: