Thursday, July 28, 2011

Beary Scrap Inspiration Challenge


Link
Well, you've had a week to discover that the Beary Scrap's Challenge is to be inspired by something in your closet. This week, I got my new Echo Park Country Drive collection, and I loved it so much, I knew I had to make it work for this week's challenge. As many of you know, my sweet sister Lori has moved right next door to me - and one of the perks that comes with that, is that we can now share what's in our closets! This is a picture of Lori and our Mom, taken a couple of years ago, at the Teacher's Luncheon, that Lori hosted. The theme was bees - and thus you can see the inspiration for today's project.

Don't you just love all of those bees?!!! I used a new stamp from Layers of Color Art stamps, and first colored it with Copics. I cut and colored and shaped a 2nd image of the bee and flowers, and highlighted them with Sakura Crystal 3-D Lacquer. I used a large Martha Stewart punch, and of course, had to add some Seam Binding ribbon.



Thanks for buzzing by today!

Challenges:
Simon Says Stamp and Show: Anything Goes

6 comments:

Nancy Wethington said...

Gini, everything about this card is beautiful: the choice of colors you used; the image; the coloring are all lovely. Thanks for joining the challenge at Simon Says Stamp & Show.

Anonymous said...

What a cool bee and I loved seeing the inpiration and the story behind it. Great card, as always!

Linda Beeson said...

The border you added to that label is so neat looking and great paper choices! I just posted a card with that same label on my blog!!!

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

BEE-utiful! Oh, I do love the joyful colors, papers and those marvelous dimensions! Fabulous card, Gini!

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Gini - this is just adorable! I love the colours and all of the dimension - totally gorgeous! You have such a great eye for colour and details - thank you for sharing! {{{hugs}}}
Linda LOC Design Team

Charlene said...

wow...that is one gorgeous card! Love the colors, layout..and that image is fabulous! Great attention to detail on it.