Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Inspiration from Scrap-Mart

I love when spring awakens and chases winter away. I think that is why I am so fond of any stamps with birds and nests. Today's card uses a wonderful stamp from La Blanche. Have you seen all of these wonderful stamps at Scrap-Mart? If you've never tried these stamps, you are going to fall in love. They are a foam mounted silicone stamp, that gives you great detail. After I stamped the image, I colored it with water color pencils and used the new Tim Holtz detail water brush. I've had a water brush for years, but his new shapes are a great addition to my studio. I inked the background using Distress Inks, and then misted it with Lindy's Stamp Gang Ink Sprays in Buccaneer Bay Blue (which is my favorite color!). I then painted a coat of crackle medium over it, and let it dry completely. I added just a little bit of the Distress Stains in Broken China. All of these fun steps lead to a stamp with tons of depth. I added die-cuts to frame the oval from Spellbinder's Damask Motifs and Damask Accents. The patterned papers are Graphic 45's Curtain Call.

I hope you will check out some of these fun new products that are arriving daily at Scrap-Mart.

3 comments:

Margreet said...

What a wonderful creation!
xxx Margreet

Katie said...

Wow, Gini! What a gorgeous card!! Love the little hints of blue.

Karen said...

Absolutely stunning Gini! Got the new Tim brushes myself, so I can't wait to use them too! :)