Sunday, March 4, 2012

That Is Not a Phone



I was looking through my attic and found an antique phone, that actually still works (well sort of!) I took it downstairs to let my nephew try it out. He of course had no idea what that silly thing was, he certainly didn't think it was a phone! It also gave me the perfect opportunity for a cool layout.

I made a mold of the telephone dial using Amazing Mold Putty and cast it with the Amazing Casting Resin. I painted it using Creative Inspirations Paints. What was really cool, was that I had a Unity Stamp set that had the telephone numbers, that fit perfectly under my dial. Talk about serendipity!

So don't be afraid to come up with your own "out of the box" embellishments. Who knew a telephone dial would grace the pages of a layout?!

No comments: