Friday, December 7, 2012

Christmas Decorating with May Arts Ribbons

Hi y'all! I wanted to offer a little bit of Southern hospitality and "invite" you in to see some of my Christmas decorations.  Some of the design team from May Arts Ribbon will be sharing their Christmas trees (or tree decorations) with you today.  So for a full list of those participating, stop by the May Arts Blog.

 
I'm really glad that we decided to do this blog post, because it gave me a deadline to get my tree up! and otherwise, I think all of my beautiful decorations would still be in boxes.  I tend to be an              over-the-top kind of a girl, and Christmas in no exception. My mammouth 10 foot tree is covered in all kinds of sparkly ornaments, and this year my tree got dressed a little bit more with the addition of May Arts Ribbons.
 
I have streamers of this Satin/Metallic Reversible ribbon, flowing from my tree top. It is so elegant and perfect for the season.  I can just imagine big bows on all of my presents, tied with this one.
 
 
I've had a cross tree-topper for years, because I think that's the best way to capture the true spirit of Christmas.  This year I added a large bow behind it, created with this Sheer/ Gold Swirls ribbon.
 
 
 
 
Here's a detail shot for you -
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by my blog, and spending a little time.  I hope you are inspired by what you see and that you have a very blessed Christmas!
 
 

 

12 comments:

Pam said...

Love the ribbon draping down over the tree. I really like this idea. The bow behind the cross is gorgeous.

Chris said...

So pretty!!

D's Paper Studio said...

I love those specialty ribbons. Wonderful. Your tree is extraordinary Gina.

Sparkly Engineer said...

Your Christmas looks stunning, like something out of a design magazine only better.

Ava Gavloski said...

wow that is some tree with a lovely glow.
ava g

Sue D said...

Gorgeous tree with the streamers and I like the bow behind the cross.

Crafty Aunt Dee said...

Gorgeous and fun. Love the bow on the tree topper

Barbara H said...

The May Arts ribbons you selected for your tree make it absolutely look stunning. Gorgeous tree.

sharon g said...

That is seriously WOW ribbon. So nice. I like your manger scene, too!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Wow, this tree makes me think of something that should be in a holiday gift shop.

paddie said...

I just have to comment. Your tree is so beautiful and the colors coming from all the lights and ornaments is fantastic. I love the ribbons too they add so much to the design and color of the tree. It just glows and is fantastic..
Thank you for sharing your tree and nativity with all of us. It really puts me into the Christmas spirit..
The cross on top is beautifully done too. We always have an angel tree topper as it was an angel that appeared to Mary. So we continue the tradition in our home.

Merry Christmas to you and yours..

pat

Sassy said...

Stunning ... elegant.... you chose the perfect ribbon and colors.. love how the lights accent the ribbon even more.