Friday, August 22, 2014

Gilded Life - Vintage Layout

Well, I may have cut it close, but it looks like I managed to create a project for all six categories for the Gilded Life/Spellbinders contest. And, I've got almost 30 minutes to spare!  I have really enjoyed creating with these products and want to thank Spellbinders and A Gilded Life for hosting such a generous contest and for creating lines that inspire me so much.

This last creation is a layout - and I have no idea who the pretty girl in the photo is!  She was discovered at a thrift sale years ago and has been waiting for just the right project.  I have a feeling she would love the Gilded Life as much as I do.

I wanted to emboss some May Arts Satin ribbon, so to make that happen, I backed the ribbons with a thick interfacing first, and it made the ribbons cushy enough to hold the embossed designs.





  

I used the Fleur de Flourish die to cut matching Core Couture paper for the inside of the bezel, and painted the metal for a shabby appearance. The crystal beads are another tag sale rescue. 

Thanks for putting up with my frenzy of blog posts! I hope you've enjoyed my creations.

No comments: