Sunday, December 13, 2015

Don't Forget to Fly

Yes, you guessed it...my fingers are covered in paint! I've been playing in the studio this evening, and couldn't wait to share this mixed media panel with you. I just was having so much fun building up these layers, with stamps, stencils and mediums... the evening just flew by. (Maybe I was following my own advice - Don't forget to Fly!)
 

I love how the large butterflies turned out - I heat embossed them first, and then colored them with the Prima IOD oil pastel crayons, then painted a layer of clear crackle medium over them.  It gave a wonderful, aged effect.

Challenges:

4 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

Looks amazing & those butterflies are simply stunning! Gorgeous MM creation...no wonder time flew by!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Dusty Attic:)

Heather McMahon said...

This is wonderful! I love how you've used the toadstools!

Smruti Panda said...

This is very beautiful . I love your colour...

Patricia said...

I just love all of the different media and textures you have going...Happy that we could inspire you with the Dusty Attic Mood Board this month...Thanks for sharing!