Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Feb. 14 Card

LinkSo now that Christmas is over, and you are starting to recuperate from all of those Christmas cards that you made - it's time to start working on Valentine's cards!

I started this card by embossing Black Ice Dust cardstock from Worldwin Papers with a Cuttlebug folder. Next I painted over the whole thing with Creative Inspirations paints in Fuchsia and a second coat in Blush. After it was dry, I sanded over the top, which exposed some of the black cardstock.

(Two different variations - black cardstock and pink cardstock)

I also got a chance to play with some of Creative Inspiration's new glitters for the heart. I used a Spellbinder die, and cut a large sheet of Scor-tape. I removed one side of the backing paper and completely covered the heart using the Resplendence Regal Red Glitter. I put the heart back into the die and used the stenciling openings to put a small amount of glue along the shape, and fill that in with the Resplendence Gold glitter. I let this dry completely and then removed the other side of backing paper and adhered the heart to my card. Hope you will try some of these techniques out!

2 comments:

MD said...

**** Ravissant

Anonymous said...

all these are so beautiful . i love all these