Monday, July 9, 2012

Summer Days


I just got back from a wonderful beach vacation, so I thought today would be the perfect time to share this very summery layout of my sweet nephew.  This picture seems like it was just taken yesterday, but this adorable little boy is getting ready to start first grade. Where does the time go?!!

I wanted to keep this layout pretty clean to accentuate the bright colors - and the hot feel of a summer day. I used the Mega Tea Party Doily to mat my pictures.  I don't know if you noticed, but I cut the doily twice, using two different papers. Then I layered it, so that it looked like the orange polka dot paper contiuned from the rectangular layer, up and over the doily.


I created flowers for the jar using Judy's Blooms and the Pair of Ferns.

What are you doing for fun this summer? How are you staying cool? You might want to stay inside and create a project for this week's challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs. Our theme is Silver and/or Gold.  Remember, you could win a $20 gift certificate!

No comments: