Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Let's get misty!


The Beary Scrappy Gals have been getting messy with Glimmer Mist! This is one of my favorite products, and we would love to have you play along with us - just make a project using a misting technqiue - Easy Peasy! Take the challenge to Spritz the Glitz!

This layout was so fun! I just kept adding more and more layers. I started off using papers from My Mind's Eye, Lost and Found - Madison Avenue. I distressed some of my edges by first dabbing on some Glimmer Mist using a sponge dauber. Next I used a Glimmer Screen and spritzed the upper left corner using Pink Ice (which was a darker pink) and then Vintage Pink for the lower corner. Then I took the same screen and sprayed it with Carmel Apple and laid it down (a little offset) to stamp the image onto my paper. So I used the screen for both a negative and positive image. I stitched on all of my layers and added tons of distressing. I hand-sewed French knots along my scalloped border. I had fun surfing the web and finding new flower tutorials, and made all of the flowers by hand.

Glimmer Misting is so much fun, there is no right or wrong, so I hope you will play along with us!

No comments: