Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Featured Stamper for Tuesday Morning Sketches



I was so excited to win the ribbon challenge at Tuesday Morning Sketches. Not only did I win some wonderful ribbon, I get to be the featured stamper for this weeks sketch! It is a beautiful design, and the sponsor this week is MyGrafico. I used the Gingerbread house from Ginger Bread and the candy was a freebie that the offered.

Let me tell you a little bit about how I made this card. After I printed out my images, I colored with Copic markers, and then coated them with Liquid Glass. I love the shiny finish this produces (without any brushmarks!)I used the new Martha Stewart edge/corner punches (Scallop Three Dot) for my edge. The smallest hole in this punch was perfect for sewing through, so I threaded both pink and red in the same needle and sewed the border to give a little bit more of a peppermint twist feel to it. The papers and felt ribbon were from Martha Stewart's Christmas line last year. Finally, the snowy border around the inner edge was made with Flower Soft's Artic White. I laid down Scor-tape, sprinkled my F.S. and tapped off. It is such an easy way to apply this!

Thanks for looking and I hope you will play along with this week's sketch!

1 comment:

Melissa Craig said...

Gini - I can't tell you how thrilled I am to have you as a Featured Stamper. Your card is fabulous and I didn't realize you had all that going on on the card. The stitching is amazing and how neat to add to just a touch of Flower Soft. I need to get some of that to play with it! Beautiful card, it's an honor to have you as a featured stamper.