Saturday, September 5, 2009

Just sitting here thinking about you



The challenge at Flourishes' Timeless Tuesday this week was to stamp and image and not color it. Well, since I have gotten so hooked on copics, I was afraid this one was going to stump me. Luckily, it didn't - I was just really inspired to try some other techniques that seemed to work great for this card. I paper pieced my chair using SEI's velvet paper, which gave a nice upholstery look, and sewed beads on by hand for the tufting. I embossed the flower vase and used Flower Soft for my flowers. The chandelier was cut from my Cricut Home Decor cart, and I outlined it with a Sakura clear pen, and added orange stickles for the candle light. I used the sketch from Priscilla's Midnight Madness site for my layout.

8 comments:

Michelle's Daydreams said...

What a unique card. :) It's amazing how challenges really "challenge" you to try new things! I love all the fun things you did with this card. Thanks so much for playing along with the Midnight Madness this week. :)
Michelle MMDT

Phyllis said...

Lovely card. It is such much fun and so satisfying to try new techniques and have them succeed!! Great job!! Thanks for playing with us this week.

Phyllis MMDesign Team

Carol Hurlock said...

How unique and enchanting. Love how you did that chair, its inspiring! The dp is perfect with this as well. Just delightful. Thank you for playing the MMSC challenge this week. Hope you are having a terrific weekend!

Carol
MMSC-GDT-September

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how vintage and creative. Great use of techniques. You nailed that challenge. Beautiful.

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

Wonderfully dimensional Gini, that side view really shows what is going on on the cover! terrific job, thanks for sharing your talent this week, xox ~Jeni & MMSC DT

Betty Wright said...

This is wonderful, Gini!!! Love your created scene and design!!! Great look!!! Thanks so much for playing FTTC!!!

Kimberly Crawford said...

gorgeous! love that you took out all sorts of "old" techniques! :) LOL! Fabulous card!! thanks for playing along! :)

Priscilla said...

Hi, just playing catch up with some of my commenting. I had to stop by and check out your MMSC17 card :) It is so elegant and I love that chair..It looks like it needs to be in my living room :) Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness Sketch challenge this week. If you find the time and have not done so already, please stop back by and check out the newest sketch and Mid Week Midnight Madness Tutorial :)
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess