Monday, September 7, 2009

Welcome Back


This next card was a real challenge for me in several ways. The color challenge from Taylored Expressions Birthday Bash, was to use teal, medium rose and medium sunflower. These are colors that I rarely work with (I really have a hard time working with yellow, and it seems that every challenge I'm running across wants some shade of yellow!) The 2nd challenge was for the Stampin Sisters in Christ, and it was to make a card for back to school. I don't have any children, so this one did not come so easy,either. But I decided to make my composition paper with a border die, yellow cs and blue stamped lines. I also decided to make a 3-d pencil out of rolled paper. It's kind of a simple card, but sometimes, those are the ones I struggle with the most!

3 comments:

Jodi Collins said...

How DARLING! LOVE how you used the colors on this! FAB!!!!!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Very cool, Gini! I love all the dimension.

Thanks for playing in our Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge. We hope you'll join us again!

Kristine said...

Very creative!! :) Love that you made notebook paper and that pencil--very COOL! :) THanks so much for playing along at SSCC last week!! (sorry I'm a li'l late in commenting!) A new challenge was posted today! We love having you from week to week--hope you get a chance to play again! :) Have a blessed week!