Friday, December 25, 2009

Inspired by Tim Holtz 12 tags of Christmas


Tim Holtz is an amazing artist and his products are no less amazing. This is the 3rd year he has created the 12 tags of Christmas - not only wonderful eye candy, but very detailed tutorials. After reading through some directions, I pulled out some of my Tim Holtz goodies and came up with this tag. I used a Bazzill chipboard tag base, that I inked up using the distress ink re-inkers. I the stamped snowflakes with Versamark and embossed with the Distress embossing powders. I had some sheets of grungeboard that I ran through the cuttlebug to cut out my frame. I sprayed it with Tattered Angels and rubbed distress stickles over the top. In my flourish cut out, I filled it in with another Distress stickles. I had a cool reproduction playing card that I used for my image and added a piece of Tim Holtz movie strip ribbon over the top. Then I added a little heavy metal and some BG fibers, inked the edges and was done.


Simon Says- tags inspired by Tim Holtz
2sketches4you - sketch
Allsorts- Anything but a Card
Lala - anything but a card
Charisma Cardz - Anyting but Christmas
Whimsy - chipboard
Creative Belli - tag
Totally Gorjuss - tag
Incy Wincy - picture inspiration (I pulled the blue, green and burgandy colors)
Crafty Creations - no rules

16 comments:

Debs said...

Great tag
thanks for playing along at Allsorts this week.
Merry Christmas
Debs xx

craftymum said...

A beautifully made tag. Thanks for joining us at TG. Please join us again next time and do check out the DT blogs
Love Sarah W XXX

Elena said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love all of the embellishments you used!
Thank you so much for playing with us at La-La Land Crafts!

Linda W said...

Dette var virkelig gorgeus jeg liker det ...
Nice, farger.
Merry christmas, Linda :-)

Christine said...

Gorgeous creation love it..thanks for joining us at Whimsy Stamps challenge ..

Hugs Christine xx

cheryl said...

oh love this hun its just gorgus great design thanks for playing along at incy designs this week love cheryl xxxx

Saskia said...

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations with this lovely work!!

Sweet greetings,
Saskia :)

Fern said...

Beautiful Tag!!! Love the different layers and the fibers!!!! Thanks for playing along with us in the Belli Challenge... :o)

Heather "Hev" said...

Oooh yes - love the richness in this Gini :)

Thank you for joining us at Incy Wincy Designs Challenge this fortnight :)

Happy New Year

Sally said...

Fabulous tag. Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz. Happy New Year

Kat said...

This is amazing. Thanks for joining us at TG this week and hope to see you again.l

Kat x

Brenda said...

Fantastic tag!!!! Thank you for playing with Belli Challenge.

Joan Ervin said...

What an awesome design...how cool to use the movie strip ribbon and the fibers are gorgeous!!! Thanks for playing in the Belli challenge!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow--this is so unusual and dynamic! I love altered art too--that is how I got started! Gorgeous!
Thanks for playing along with Crafty Creations during Digi Kitty's week of sponsorship!

Purrs & Kisses,
Kristal of Digi Kitty
www.thedigikitty.blogspot.com
Come see our Sneak Peeks!!!

Debbie said...

Happy New Year. Wonderful tag! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Belli Challenge.

Chrissy D said...

WOW! What a beauty!!! Thanks for playing in the Belli Challenge!