Monday, March 1, 2010

First Project for the Beary Scrap DT!


Hi, It's Gini here, and I am so excited to bring you my first project for the Beary Scrap DT!!!

If you can't guess from looking at my card, the theme this week is "Celebrations". Be sure to head to the Beary Scrap DT blog each day this week to check out my team members fantastic creations.

In honor of our first official week, I wanted to try a tear-bear. I had always been a little intimidated to make one of these cuties, but let me tell you....Kimm has these wonderful exclusive acrylic templates in the store, along with fabulous directions (both her booklet and on the Tear-Bear Blog). I was able to figure this out in a snap! She has the best mulberry papers (really nice and thick) along with great brushes to fluff.

My DP is from BG Sugar Rush, and the cupcake is cut from a sheet of BG Nook and Pantry (who says you can't mix paper collections!). I used Spellbinders labels 8 to cut my frame. I just hand cut the party hat, but added Flower Soft at the edge for texture (Remember there are tons of things you can use Flower Soft for other than flowers). The orange flower is a cutie from Prima.

Each day this week, my fellow team members will have their project to share, so be sure to check them out!

This is also for the spring challenge at Get Sketchy.

3 comments:

cheryl said...

oh great card hun how cute is he gorjus little fellow hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

Leanne said...

Awwwwww, this is sooooooooo cute!

Hugs
Leanne
xx

Dora said...

Ow so sweet!