Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Relaxing at the Beach



I was not scheduled to participate in the Really Reasonable Ribbons first challenge, but it's just so exciting, I jumped in and made a card too! The theme for this first challenge is to make something masculine and use ribbon. One lucky winner will get to choose $10 worth of ribbon. I love this jute ribbon, and think it is perfect for a manly or beachy card - and mine is both. You have 2 weeks to get your entry in.

For my card, I followed the sketch at JustRite Stampers. You had to use a circle on this sketch. I really wanted to use my new By the Sea set, which is oval, not round. So, I stamped it out, cut out a circle using my nestablilities, and just continued coloring the image to the new borders. I paper-toled the umbrella and sand pail to add more depth to the design. The wave border was cut out using my Cricut.

Challenges:
JustRite - sketch
One Stitch at a Time - Use something new
Paper Sundaes - Kraft and blue
Stamptacular Sunday - Life's a Beach
Crafty Creations - Your favorite stamp
Pixie Dust - Round and Round

12 comments:

craftyb said...

fabulous male card....I love your jute ribbon and it's perfect on this card...love the lil scene and your frame sets it off beautifully...thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Creations! bx

Annette said...

Beautiful beach card! I love the image you used & what a great color combo along with texture! Thanks for joining us at SSC this week.

Tammy said...

Love the image and 3d of it. Thanks for playing OSAAT. Smiles...Tammy

cheryl said...

fab card hun and love the 3d on this too great effect
thanks for joining us at OSAAT love hugs cheryl xxxxx

Adria Slauterbeck said...

a nifty card! awesome way to showcase that detailed little image. I love your colors and texture. thank you for sharing this amazing creation with us over at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge.

Gemma said...

Love all the layers on your card and the design paper is really nice. Great card and great take on our challenge this week. Thank you for joining us at SSC. Gemma

Cat said...

Love the gorgeous colors and layers on your card! Thanks for joining us at Pixie Dust this week!

HappyCrafter said...

Great beach card, and could be used for so many things! So glad you played along with us this week at Paper Sundaes

Crystal said...

Wow seriously love this card, it looks like somewhere I'd love to be at the moment! Thanks for joining us this week at Paper Sundaes :)

veronica said...

love your popped up umbrella. very cool!

CarlaKH said...

wow this is gorgeous..love that image and the textures you worked in the card. Fabulous! thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes!

Sprytebyrd said...

Oooh, I Love this! Such wonderful layers and I love the texture of the twine! Beautiful image, great layout! Perfect!
Thanks so much for joining us this week at Stamptacular Sunday! ♥ Good luck on our "Life's A Beach" challenge!
Dee (Spryte)