Friday, March 25, 2011
Chapel Road Challenge
The last Friday of every month is the Chapel Road challenge. So today starts our new challenge - to use edge punches and the colour blue! Easy peasy, right?
Let me tell you about my card.
1. I stamped the sentiment from the Butterfly Angle set onto a light blue cardstock. Then I cut it using the Fleur de lis Squares from Spellbinders.
2. Next I cut a plain square frame from darker blue cardstock, and glued it on top of my Fleur de Lis frame.
3. On the same darker blue cardstock, I stamped in blue - so it is a tone on tone effect - the Butterfly Background. I framed this with the Fleur de Lis Rectangle - going back to the light blue.
4. I stamped a large butterfly from the Butterfly Angle set, cut it out, colored it with Smooch inks and shaped it to make it more realistic.
5. I just added ribbon and pearls to complete the card.
We would love for you to come play along with us!