Monday, September 19, 2011

Crafty Secrets DT Challenge "Retro inspiration"

Don't you love anything retro?!! I do, so this month's designer challenge from Crafty Secrets, wasLink a fun one for me. When I saw this pink oven in the Homemade Images and Journal Notes, I knew I wanted to incorporate it into my card. We recently sold my grandparent's house, and it still had the original turquoise oven in the kitchen! How's that for retro?

All of my papers were printed from our Creating With Vintage Patterns CD. There are new CD's in the works, and I know they will be as big a hit as the first one! Did you notice how my cherry border that I stamped from the Kitchen Classics set matches the paper? So cool! My adorable domestic diva is from one of our new sets, Let's Hang Out. I even sneaked in our newest stamp set, Mini Frames, by stamping around the sentiment form the Journal Note Pad, cutting it out, and then restamping and mounting the sentiment on top. I love how the cherries on the patterned paper, look like a tassel coming out of the sentiment tag.


I know you are going to want to see what the rest of the design team came up with, so here's a list of everyone, so you can check it out! Keep your notepad handy, cause I'm sure you are going to want to start your shopping list! So when you finish, you can head to the Crafty Secrets website and get some Crafty Secrets goodies delivered to you! And to make sure you don't miss anything, why not subscribe to the Heartwarming Vintage Blog? There's always lots of inspiration, announcements and giveaways.


10 comments:

Jan Hennings said...

Gorgeous and the doily cut from the Creating With Vintage Patterns CD looks awesome!

Linda D said...

Love the little pink oven, I had a toy one just like it when I was a little girl (I'm telling my age LOL) Darling card.

Dana Tatar said...

This is fabulous!

Anonymous said...

i love everything about this!!!
so much texture & layers
a retro winner :D
~victoria~

Tammy Roberts said...

Such a sweet little card!!!

Pam said...

This is so cute, love all your details!

Hearts Turned said...

What a fun retro card--beautifully done!

Julie

Wordbird said...

Oh how cute is this! That little pink vintage stove is to dye for! lol What a really FUN card! So bright and happy! ;D

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

Super cute card, Gini! Love their papers and images, delightful!

Jilly said...

Well, the quilt or patchwork look amazing in this card. Those are such a intricate fold. I really wonder how hard or easy it is to make.
safety eyewash stations