Monday, November 12, 2012

Cheery Lynn Designs Monday

Hope you had a good weekend! I've got two projects to share with you today -One for the CLD Inspiration Blog and one for the CLD Challenge Blog.

The challenge this week is fall colors (which is always my favorite palette!)  I decided to make a kraft based tag. I hope you will play along - remember, you could win a $20 gift certificate.



 
Cheery Lynn Designs Dies
 
On the Inspiration blog, I've got a wintery 12 x 12 layout to share with you. 
 
 
 Most of the cuts are pretty obvious, but I do have one neat new trick to share with you. My clustering includes lots of snowflakes, and I wanted to add some dimension, but foam adhesive was not an option, due to the very lacey, intricate cut. So, I cut 7 of the same snowflake, and glued each layer together. In essence, I made my own chipboard. I love how this turned out, so I will be using this technique again!
 
 
I can't tell you how often I am reaching for the Delicate Lace Script font. It is the perfect size to add titles/ journaling to my layouts.  My poinsettia was made with the Build a Flower One, and brushed with Stickles for a little glimmer. The center of the flower was created with Snowflake 5.
 
 
 
At first glance, you might think these smaller snowflakes are part of the patterned paper, but actually, they are cuts from the Snowflowers One. I used some of our larger snowflakes on this layout as well - so you can see this is a really great size to add to your collection.
 
 
 
 
Cheery Lynn Designs Dies
Pion Patterned Papers
WorldWin Papers Cardstock
 
Thanks for stopping by today!
 
 
Challenges:
Pion Designs: Sketch Challenge
 
 

2 comments:

craftieodmae said...

gorgeous, love the flower on the tag!

Linda said...

Beautiful!!!