I've got a card to share with you today that was inspired by a tutorial by Kendra Wiestock, that can be found here. I just wanted to update it a bit with current products from Crafter's Comapanion. The embossed background makes it so easy to start coloring with the Spectrum Aqua markers.
Crafter’s Companion US supplies:
Distress Ink – Mermaid Lagoon
Other Supplies: Green Cardstock, Want2Scrap Pearls, Paintbrush
- Cut a piece of watercolor cardstock to the size desired for the embossed panel.
- Emboss with the Beautiful Brambles folder.
- Color the raised areas of the image with the Spectrum Noir Pencils, holding pencil on the side, and rubbing over the raised design.
- Add color to the inner part of the image with the Spectrum Aqua Markers. Blend with a paintbrush, dipped in water.
- Die cut the sentiment and glue in place.
- Ink the edges of the design with Distress Ink.
- Color pearls with Spectrum Noir Markers to match the card.
- Finish the card as shown.