Friday, February 26, 2016

Heart of Gold With Crafter's Companion


I've got a layout to share with you today...it's a little bit out of my comfort zone, but I was playing along with CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration Challenge.  It's always fun to challenge yourself and find new things/techniques that may or may not work for you. Anyhow, it was fun!

A couple of the elements I chose to work with for this challenge were stripes and watercolor. I tore strips of watercolor paper and used the Spectrum Aqua pens to create this effect. I just colored some scribbles on each piece of paper, then misted it with water.  It was such an easy effect.


 For this photo, I cut the photo with the heart die, and just lined it up with an open area on the lobes of the heart.  Then I cut a second heart with the gold paper and glued the photo to the heart.


 I layered mulberry flowers with chipboard flowers for my cluster.


Using the gold foiled paper and alphabet dies created a title that looks substantial.


I had to use bright pink as one of the colors on this layout, and since it was more masculine, I didn't want it to be floofie pink, so I used a pink chipboard flower, a pink banner (along with two blue ones) and then colored around my journaling with the Spectrum Aqua pen, to tie it all together.  I used a waterbrush to spread the watercolor.

Crafter's Companion Supplies:
Die'sire Classiques - Spring/Summer Metal Dies - Pennant Bunting
 


No comments: