Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Candy The Elf




Don't you just love candy? And since I announced the winner of my candy today, I thought it was only appropriate to share Candy the Elf with everyone. Isn't she just the cutest? She is one of my favorite Christmas images from Sassy Studio Designs. I started out making her for their recipe challenge (3 pattern papers, decorative edge, brads and of course, a SSD image!) But, I soon realized she would be perfect for a ton of challenges this week! (I love multi-tasking!)

Let me tell you about some of the details on this card that really make it fun - then we'll get on with the other challenges. I used my faithful copics to color her, but used a Martha Stewart silver glitter pen to color her dress. I love cutting out my images and popping them up from a background. I used Core'dinations card stock, run through my cuttlebug with the snowflake folder. Did you notice I ran through the black side and the pink side and lined them up so that the image continued from one color to the next? Her candy cane is nice and shiny due to a wonderful layer of Liquid Glass. My white DP had the sentiment Merry Christmas on it, but I wanted it to stand out a little more, so I framed it with a slide frame, that I hung a little white mother of pearl star charm off of (Charmed from Simon Says Stamp Challenge). The brads I used were supposed to be little white flowers, but I think they make great snow flakes. No card of mine would be finished without distressing the edges of my papers.

So, I guess I was in a rather chatty mood, but I just love all of the details on this one!

Here are my other challenges:
Sketch Saturday - sketch
The Pink Elephant - color something
Creative Card Crew - Christmas
Spoon Full of Sugar - Non-traditional Christmas colors
Cuttlebug Spot - Winter/snow
Cuttlebug Challenge - glitter
Peachy Keen - polka dots, stripes, border, stamped image
Stampavie - Christmas
SophistiCat - Snowflakes and Sparkle
Quixotic Challenges - Charmed


Whew! That's a ton of challenges!

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow wow wow..I think I can say I never seen a project rock out that many challenges! dang! LOL!
you did a fab job with this...she is great by the way!

Janice W. said...

I love the pink and black and all the textures and layers! Great card! Thanks for playing along with us at Peachy Keen Stamps!

Angelica Suarez said...

Great way to incorporate all the challenges! Great design with tons of texture, thank you for joining us for this challenge @ Peachy Keen!

My Creative Time said...

Wow, what a pretty card & I love those colors together! I think "Candy" the elf is too cute!
Thank you for joining us this week @ Peachy Keen!
xxx
Emma:)

Milnie said...

Hi Gini!

You made a lovely card, love Candy and love the colours!!
Hugs,

Mélanie

Unknown said...

Stunning card, put together so beautifully & just love the image!

Thanks so much for taking part in my challenge & playing along with us at Sophisticats

Jan x

Audrey said...

too cute! love the colors

Unknown said...

Gini she is fantastic, I love how you have coloured her, good luck with your challenges, and thank you so much for joining us at Sophisticats this week. Hugs Avril xxxxx

Unknown said...

Love Candy in any shape or form, so she's a winner with me!
Thanks for playing along with us at Peachy Keen Gini!
Hugs Viv xx

Anne H. said...

WOW - your Christmas-card rocks!
Great image and a lovely colorcombo!
Thanks for joining us this week at Stampavie and More.
Anne :-)

Karen said...

Gorjus card such lovely colours and an adorable image too !
Thanks for joining us over at Sophisticats.
Love Karen x

Annie said...

wow so cute and sexy too - love it. Thank's for joining us at The Pink Elephant. Hope you'll pay us a visit on Monday for our new challenge - it's a fun one.

Ann xxx
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

blackdragon said...

really different... love the image.
thanks for playing at sophisticats
hugs lynx

Anonymous said...

Simply `Beautiful`
Thanks for joining us at the CB Challenge
terrie
http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/

Chris (catt871) said...

Ohhh Gini, what a FABULOUS card!! I love the colours and that image is ADORABLE!!!! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps this week!!!!!
Chris & the DT

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card, wonderful colours and fab image.
luv
Debby

Lelia Pierce said...

Gini, this is absolutely adorable!!! I love the image anyway, but I am really loving the color combo you used! Good luck and thanks for playing along at SSD!

Hugs,
Lelia

Shantaie said...

Its always fun to visit your blog, I know I will see something new and wonderful!!

Im so happy you took the bling challenge at cuttlebug challenge blog!

Kim Dellow said...

Oh gorgeous card, love all the fabbulous details. Thanks for joining us at the Quixotic Paperie challenge blog this week. Kim

Lindsay said...

ok even though this one didnt win this was fabulous!!!! I hope your going out for our DT

Lorie said...

Now that's a lot of challenges to knock out! Way to go!! Thanks for playing along with us as Peachy Keen Stamps!

Hugs,
Lorie