Friday, December 4, 2009

A Christmas Wish Blog Hop




I am really excited to be participating in the first blog hop for the fabulous Michelle Perkett Studios! I am also very honored to have been named a member of her design team! This hop features the gorgeous Wishing Star Angel and also each designer will have the Christmas wish that they would make for someone else listed on their posting. You should have arrived from Tammy's blog, and after me you will head to Ellen's blog. Be sure to visit all of the blogs and leave a little love. when you are finished go to the Michelle Perkett Studio Challenge Blog, follow the directions and get a little gift! If you get lost, head back to the beginning at the Michelle Perkett Studio page at Paper Craft Planet (and if you don't belong to her group, sign up!)

My Christmas wish is for my sweet nephew Will-Will. Will is 8 years old and is a very special little boy. When he was 5 months old, he was diagnosed with an extremely rare neurological disorder called liscencephaly. Children with this disease are profoundly retarded and usually don't survive past 2 years old. He can't walk or talk, and has severe seizures. But he brings so much joy to me and my family with his sweet spirit. I was talking to a friend last week, and she said she believes babies are born not able to talk, because they've been in heaven with God - and we could not even comprehend the Glory of God that they would be able to share. That's what I always think about Will- that he smiles because he has a direct link to Jesus. So my wish and prayer would be for Will's seizures to stop and for him to be able to do things that he's never done, and some things that he just hasn't done in a long time. I also would wish peace and joy for my sister Lori. She is such a strong and amazing woman, and often people don't realize all that she has on her plate, but I love her and admire her.

Now, that I have tears streaming down my face, I can tell you that this card is not only my card for the hop, but for a ton of other challenges as well.
Papertake Weekly- sketch
Colour Create - Purple, aqua, black, white
Scrap, Stamp and Doodle - Christmas
Cute Card Thursday - Swirly Girly
Stamp With Fun- Christmas
Stamp Something- Glitz
Pollycraft- Christmas
Creative Card Crew- Christmas
Pink Elephant - color something
Spoon Full of Sugar - Non-traditional Christmas colors
SophistiCat - Snowflakes and Sparkle
Kaboodle Doodles - Snowflake
Crafty Calendar Challenge - Winter Sparkle
2 red Bananas- Christmas
All that Scraps- Christmas
Crafty Cardmakers - non-traditional Christmas colors
Paper Cutz Challenge- Christmas image

39 comments:

Michelle said...

Hi Gini! I'm crying too! What a beautiful wish for such an amazing little boy! Will is a doll! Bless you and your family this Christmas! Your card is amazing Gini!! Wow, a stunner as always! Thank you so much for a wonderful entry, Gini!!

Michelle :)

Davi said...

First Gini, Your little nephew Will Will is so sweet to look at, he has beautiful eyes. The special children are the ones who teach us how to love the most you know. I will pray for his seizures and put him on our church prayer list. Second congrats... that card is FABULOUS!!! I love the image and how you colored it and the layers and stressed edges all of it is really wonderful I LOVE it!!!

Mona Pendleton said...

What a pretty card! Love all the layers! :) TFS

Karen said...

WOW 2 entries .Gorjus card !
Thanks for joining us over at Sophisticats.
Love Karen x

Annie said...

Fab card - love the texture. Thank you for joining us at The Pink Elephant. Hope you'll pay us a visit on Monday for our new challenge - it's a fun one.

Ann xxx
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

Fotf said...

Oh Gini, i too have tears down my face now, good job i know where most of the letters are lol. Love your card and your wish for your nephew bless him.Merry Christmas :)

Nancy said...

AWWW He is so cute, your nephew, what a darlig smile:O) Gini, your card is amazing! Love the distressed edges, beautiful colours, and that awesome flower/snowflake. Gorgeous!
Hugs, Nancy;O)

Lilacanglia said...

Fabulous card,
Thank You for joining us in the snowflakes challenge at Kaboodledoodles,
Hugs
Angie

Unknown said...

Love this card, and you have me in tears, what a precious gift your nephew is, I am so glad you enjoy him...good luck with your challenges and being a DT member, Enjoy that..., and thank you for joining us at Sophisticats this week. Hugs Avril xxx

Jennifer Scull said...

I absolutely love your card with the colors and the distressing (which is one of my fave techniques!), but it is that beautiful photo and your heart touching wish that have touched me more than words can say. I will say prayers for all of you. and what a grand thing to think, that those who can't speak here have conversed with Jesus - that is wonderful! :)

Unknown said...

Super card - love all the distressed edges - thanks for taking part in the Kaboodledoodle challenge.

Anne said...

What a beautiful little boy! Your card is stunning, love all the detail you've put into it

Susan ~ Killam Creative said...

Wow. Just wow. *sigh* Beautiful card and lovely wish. I hope it comes true.

Cheers
Susan

Saphira said...

Great Card, thanks for joining us at Stamp with Fun

Hugs Saphira (SWF-Team)

Maria Matter said...

...here come the tears again! This has been such an incredible hop! Thank you for sharing with us!

Your card is just gorgeous Gini, love the distressing!!

Blessings, Maria

debb said...

Oh Gina- what a beautiful little boy and wishes for him and his family. Your card is stunning! Congrats on the team - you are so talented! I love forward to more!

Tammy said...

What an amazing card and your wish has brought tears streaming down my face!! I believe that God does send special Angels into our lives for some reason even when that reason may not be known!! So BEAUTIFUL Gini!!!!

Terri's Cards N More said...

Your card is amazing. Wishing Will a happy and healthy Christmas.

Rhonda Miller said...

What a great card. I love the coloring. Your wish has me grabbing for the tissues. what a cutie.

Alexandra Lundgren said...

Beautiful card, just gorgeous.
I want you to know that I share the same belief as your friend and always have. What a wonderful blessing your nephew is to those around him. I am constantly reminded that those with the most 'right' to complain, are the strongest, happiest and most blessed among us.

Pattie G said...

Gini, I love this card soooo much! Love the distressing tecnique and the papers you chose. I especially love the way you colored Michelle's angel. Your wish is so beautiful and I too believe that children are closer to God than adults. I pray that Will's seizures stop.

love
Pattie

Barbara said...

Im trying to stop crying long enough,what a special little boy,and though he has some problems thank god he put him her maybe to make us a little better as people we all think we have it hard and all we have to do is look at sweet children like will and think no they do but they still smile.Love your card Gini TFS

Lori said...

You know how much I adore you, you're the best sister in the world. Will is lying next to me in the bed right now, SMILING and we have not had a seizure since last night...thank you to all who have prayed for him...God is Good.
Gini your artwork is beautiful as always...I love you.

gina rahman said...

Great card love the layers.

I love your sentiment for babies and special children. I always think that parents with children with disabilities and serious medical conditions are blessed as god has bestowed his most special children with them as he knows they will be cared for and loved

ileana said...

Beautiful card Ginie! My heart is with you, hope your wish comes true. Hugs

Carlie M. said...

Beautiful card!!! I love the distressed edges!!!

I also love your wish!!! That is so sweet!!! I hope Will gets better.

Jean said...

Gini,Beautiful card I love all the layers. What a great wish will-will is a beautiful little boy and I hope your wishes come true.
Hugs Jean

Tink said...

Beautiful card!

Jana M. said...

Gini!!!! I love your card. And that lil boy has the absolutely more beautiful eyes, they just sparkle! I hope all your Christmas wishes come true.

JayLynn said...

oh WOW!! This card is amazing! So super gorgeous, I love the colors and the distressing!! Your wish brought tears to my eyes too, your nephew really does look so sweet.

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

That's a really beautiful wish for a very special little boy. He looks gorgeous so he deserves a wish to come true.
Your card is amazing. The distressed edges are fantastic!It has been beautifully put together. Thank you for joining us at Colour Create.
Sharon & the DT

blackdragon said...

another super snowflake card... thanks for joining us at sophisticats.
hugs lynx

Brandi said...

I wish and will pray for your wish to come true...

Your card is beautiful and the details are magnificent.. Thank you for sharing all that you have with us... Hugs ~ Brandi

Ria Zonnestraaltje said...

I keep dear will in my prayers

Lovely card.
Thanks for joining the ATS and Pollycraft challenge.
hugs Ria

Lexxie said...

Beautiful!
Love Sarita xx

Georgia said...

Such an inspiring story! And I love your fabulous card - the colours look lovely together! Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Calendar Challenge! :)
Georgia xx

cr8iveme said...

What a wonderful wish. Such an inspiring story about your nephew. I hope your wish comes true.

{hugs}
Mary

My Creative Outlet by Janna said...

Very pretty card! And I love the glitz! Thanks for sharing it with us at Stamp Something!

Janna :)

Vixykins said...

Such an unusual image, lovey work x

Thanks for joining us at crafty cardmakers, sorry I'm a bit late on my rounds (family/self illnesses)