Wednesday, February 10, 2010

JustRite Calendar Challenge




I have been having fun with the JustRite Inspiration Challenges, and this week was for a calendar. The challenge at Gingersnaps was to use numbers. I decided to make a large interchangeable calendar for my scrap room. I started out with foam core board and covered it in fabric. I made the dates for the calendar as push pins, so they can be rearranged for each month or year. The month is also attached with pushpins, so it can be changed as well. For my lettering, I used the JustRite Times New Roman 95 point. I also stamped the decorative circles around my dates, and days of the week using designs from the Damask Borders monogram kit, and the Curlz Monogram kit. Each "blossom" for the dates, were cut using Spellbinders and a scallop circle punch, and were layered with dimensionals to give some height. The numbers were cut out using Quickutz Sopisticate.

3 comments:

Keri Lee Sereika said...

What a cute cute calendar you have made here! Great take on the JRS challenge!

Jean Franks Beck said...

WOW! This is a beautiful project, such a lot of work! What a fun and creative way to take part in the numbers challenge!

Anonymous said...

This is adorable! Thanks so much for joining us at Gingersnap Creations!