Saturday, October 30, 2010

Christmas Birdhouse with Heartfelt Creations




I wanted to share my card that I made for Heartfelt Creations this week. I love how it turned out. It is so fun to combine different stamp sets and dies from HC, because they coordinate so well.


Products Used on This Project
HCPC 3353 Cardinal Family PreCut Set
HCD 706 Cardinal Family Die
HCPC 3340 Holly Leaves PreCut Set
HCD 705 Holly/Ornament Die
HCPC 3316 Poinsettia Petals PreCut Set
HCD 704 Perfect Petals Die
HCPC 3339 Elegant Holly Swirls PreCut Set
HCPC 3349 Cardinal Holiday Mailbox PreCut Set
Gala Glitz Orange


I cut the birdhouse card pattern from a template I found at Dutch Dare Card Challenges. I used the SVG file, so I could cut it with my Cricut, but you can also cut it by hand. I cut extra layers from designer paper to “paint” my house. On the roof, I used Diamond Dust glass glitter. To make my snowy layer, I used the Martha Stewart icicle punch and glued on white MS tinsel glitter. My birdhouse needed a homeowner – so I used the large cardinal from Cardinal family and colored him with Glimmer Glam (which made him very vibrant and sparkly). After he was dry, I cut him using the Cardinal Family Diecuts. I nestled him down in a Poinsettia flower I made using the Poinsettia Petals (embossed in red). Each of the petals were attached to a pop dot to build up the layers. For the center of the flower I used Gala Glitz orange. I also added holly leaves . The ribbon is some glittered velvet ribbon. (It’s a very sparkly card!)

For the inside of the card, I stamped a swirl from Elegant Holly Swirls using white ink. I colored and cut three small holly leaves to add on top of the stamped image and used a Dew Drop for the holly berry. The sentiment is from Cardinal Holiday Mailbox.

Challenges:
Simon Says: Punch 'em
Papertake Weekly: Sparkly and Bright
Creative Card Crew: punches
ABC - "g" Glitter
A Spoon Full of Sugar: Diecuts/punches
Mark's Finest Papers: holiday card

10 comments:

Lori said...

Very pretty as always...man you must come from a talented family.

sandra said...

So beautiful!!!
I looove it!
Hugs!
Sandra!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Ooooh this is fabulous! That Christmas flower is just stunning! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Gini this is awesome I love it so much, the colours, flower and bird look great.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Harriet Skelly said...

OMG this is fabulous! I love the "painting" you added to the birdhouse!
What an awesome holiday card! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

Kelly Massman said...

this is gorgeous!

Virgo5 said...

Oh this is gorgeous! I actually thought it was a 3d birdhouse til I got to the pic of the card open!
Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

Joanne Travis said...

Everything about this is so lovely! The poinsettia is really stunning.
Thanks for joining Speedy's Friends this week!

Lynn McAuley said...

What awesome work on this amazing Christmas card!!

A fabulous addition to the Friends of Speedy the Cat's holiday card challenge!! Thank you for playing along and sharing your wonderful work with us,Gini!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

I LOVE shaped card! This one is outstanding! The papers are great, as is the bird.

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah