Tuesday, October 26, 2010

More misting with the Beary Scrap


Are your fingers inky? If they are not, what are you waiting for? At the Beary Scrap we still have our Misting Challenge going on until October 31st - We just want to see your projects that you have misted on. This week, not only are the Beary Scrappy Gals misting on our projects, we are also being inspired by this gorgeous fall photo. Don't you just love those colors?





I used papers from Pink Paislee's 365 Degrees line. My stamps are from Heartfelt Creations. I colored the background image with copics, and masked off the image and spritzed my sky with Glimmer Mist. Then I added Flower Soft ultrafine in Sage and the new Pine Green for my grasses. I really like the ultrafine for giving sharp detail. My pumpkins are sitting on a bed of Artglitter's Earth Elements (Morroco).


To color my pumpkins, I spritzed some white cardstock with Glimmer Mist in Jack-O-Lantern and Rustic Red. I love combining colors and seeing the results.



After I colored the paper and allowed it to dry, I stamped my pumpkins and cut them using the Spellbinders Nestabilities pumpkins. I added layers of foam dots to pop them up from the background. Finally, I added my ribbon bow, which I drug through some GM that I had sprayed on my workmat. (And yes, I do have a whole section of my studio devoted to my spritzing area). I have to admit, I was cheap for along time and would not by the large Tattered Angels misting mat (it's a whopping 2 x 3 feet!), but once I bit the bullet and bought one, I love it! Often times, I will spray directly on the mat and then lay screens or papers or ribbons on that - It opens so many doors for new techniques!


So this is a picture of my spritzing area (please ignore the mess to the sides - Isn't a messy work area supposed to be the sign of a genius?!!!) In my studio, I have a hot tub that I rarely use - but it is the perfect area to set up work stations. I have my misting area, my area for cutting and embossing with my cuttlebug, and my paper cutting area. I leave these things out all of the time, because I use them so much. Oh, and don't fret, that's not anywhere near all of my Glimmer Mist... it's just what I played with today!

I hope we have inspired you to try some new things with your Glimmer Mist, and if you don't have any yet, I know you are going to want to try it out!

Challenges:
Cute Card Thursday: sketch

No comments: