Monday, June 11, 2012

Masculine Birthday Card


My boss' s birthday is coming up in a few weeks, and I didn't want to wait until the last minute to get his card made.  So, when I saw that the JustRite Stampers challenge this week was masculine cards, I thought this would be the perfect prompter for me.


He is going to be 36, so I took some Tim Holtz Ruler Ribbon, folded it, so that the 3 and 6 were beside each other, and stapled it in place.  I took the postage stamp die from Spellbinder's/ Becky Fleck's Office  Supplies, and cut away the embossed center rectangle and used this to frame my "36".  The Happy Birthday sentiment is from JustRite's Always and Forever Medallion Labels set. My patterned papers are from Simple Stories, and my kraft cardstock from Worldwin Papers.


The main image is from JustRite's Oceanside Oval Medallion Labels set.  it was cut and framed using the Spellbinders/ JustRite Oval Medallion Label die. The image was colored with Copics. I also cut a tattered page border from the Office Supplies set, to go under my paper tag layer.  I inked the edges of all of my papers with Distress Ink, and finished the card off with a manly jute ribbon bow.

Challenges:
Mojo Monday: Sketch
JustRite Friday Challenge: Vintage Masculine

3 comments:

Marge said...

What a perfect masculine birthday card for your boss -- I'm sure he'll LOVE it! Like how you incorporated his age and the SB's Office Supplies to make it work-related too!

Kristi said...

This is gorgeous!

Sheri said...

Another FABULOUS card and SO CLEVER! Thanks for sharing with us at JustRite Inspiration ;-)