Monday, October 1, 2012

Fresh Fall Morning

 
Sometimes when I look back through my photo files, there are pictures that I've forgotten about, and it's fun to revisit those  memories with a new layout.  This  is  a picture that I cherish of me and my sweet nephew, on a fall outing to Mount Mitchell.  It was well into October, but the leaves still had not changed.  It was however, still a gorgeous weekend to remember.
 
 
 
I used the lace edger to create a pattern around my large panel. The photo was matted on a panel  embossed using the Rock Grunge plate. This is such a nice pattern to add texture without having a competing design. The gardenia was creating using Build a Flower 2 for the bottom petals and Pretty Petals for the top layer.  The Asters were made using the Stacker Flower 5, and the large sun for the center, from the Embellishment Two plate. 
 
Since fall is officially here, the new Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge is Halloween.  So think of a great way to trick or treat us and play along! 
 
Pretty Petals
 
Kaisercraft: Magnolia Grove Patterned Papers, Stickers
 
 


No comments: