Sunday, January 27, 2013

Scor-pal and Simple Stories Week

This week the Scor-pal Design Team had the privilege to work with products from Simple Stories.  I know everyone was so excited when we got our goodie packages.  I recieved the Take A Hike Collection - and as soon as I saw it, I knew I wanted to create a paper backpack box that I had seen awhile back on Splitcoast Stampers.

 
May Arts Ribbon Paper Twine 420-33
Epiphany Crafts Round Epoxy
CTMH Velcro Dots
 
 
I used a tutorial designed by Mary Arima - and it's very clear and easy to understand, so I will just let you refer to her original post on Splitcoast Stampers.
 
 
When you are working with printed templates, such as the one used for this project, I would suggest using small metal clips to attach your template to the designer paper.  This will keep anything from slipping and will provide a much more accurate cut.
 

 
As soon as I finished this project, my nephew took off with it, and promptly put it on the back of one of his stuffed animals!
 
 
I used the printed bingo card from this collection to make a small tag that fit perfectly into the backpack.  Just the perfect little note to tuck inside.
 
 
The other little tip that I can share with you, is that I used small adhesive velcro dots for my closure on the box.  It also works great to keep fancy fold cards shut.
 
I hope you had a chance to see all of the other projects that the design team created this week - if not be sure to head over to the Scor-Pal blog and take a look.  As always, there is blog candy involved - so don't miss out!

No comments: