Friday, August 8, 2014

Sew Beautiful Journal Page with Art Anthology


I usually like to have some sort of a plan for a project before I start.....so, sometimes I struggle with art journal pages.  I'm trying to work on being a little more free when I create, so these pages are great exercises for that.  As I worked on this one, it became more and more quilt/fabric like - so I added some embroidery image stencils over the top to finish the theme.

 I began by using plastic canvas waste as a stencil and misting with Colorations ( Waimea Bay and Heart).



 Then I used  houndstooth stencil and spread Baby Blue Eyes Sorbet over it.


 I made marks using Vegas Gold Sorbet with a comb and Red Velvet Sorbet with a cardboard tube.

 I misted the page with Colorations - Hottie. 

 I painted over part of the page with Art Anthology gesso.

I stencilled the base of the flowers with Mi Bella Sorbet and the centers with Persimmon Velvet.


 I used Modeling Paste to stencil the embroidery hoop and thread spools.

Then I used the Dimensional Crystal to color in the images.
 
I finished off the page with some  sequin hearts from May Arts and a "beautiful" sticker from Ki Memories.


Art Anthology Gesso
Art Anthology Sorbet: Mi Bella, Vegas Gold, Red Velvet, Blue Eyes
Art Anthology Velvet: Persimmon
Art Anthology Colorations: Hottie, Waimea Bay, Heart
Art Anthology Dimensional Crystal: Guava, Peony, Bluebird, Fairy, Sunbeam

No comments: