Watercolors, Masking, and Embossing, Oh My
Crafter’s Companion US supplies:
Imagine Crafts Sheer Shimmer Spritz ( Sparkle), Embossing Powder: Gold, Black
DCWV Corrugated Cardstock
WorldWin Cardstock, Vellum
Round Watercolor Brush
Tombow Removable Adhesive
May Arts Ribbon EM94 1.5" Net
- Stamp the poppy image onto the watercolour paper using watermark ink. (Be sure to stamp a little of the image off to the side and bottom).
- Sprinkle with black embossing powder and heat set.
- Using the Spectrum Aqua markers, add a little Orange to the bottom of the flower and Scarlet at the tops of the flowers, leaving white space in the center.
- Spray Sheer Shimmer Spritz onto the craft mat. Using a watercolor brush, blend the colors together with the Shimmer Spritz. This will create a beautiful glimmer to the colors.
- Use the fine tip end of the Spectrum Aqua markers to color the stems.
- Stamp the poppy image onto vellum to use as a mask. Since the vellum is clear, this will make it easier to align the colored image and the mask.
- Cut around the mask, including inner areas of the stems.
- Use removable
adhesive to place the mask on the colored image.
- Stamp the script image over the poppies, using watermark ink. Sprinkle with gold embossing powder. Remove the mask before heat setting.
- Replace the mask and use the darker blue marker to add shadows around the poppies, and the lighter blue to add color to the background. Blend using the brush and Shimmer Spritz.
- Sprinkle coarse salt over the wet watercolor and allow to dry. Brush away the salt.
- Remove the mask. Add panel to card base as desired.