Friday, October 9, 2009

Different Kind of Halloween Card


There is a new challenge blog on the net, Saturday Spotlight with Hidden Potential. Their first challenge is to make a Halloween card, but not use your Halloween images. I used my cheerful Cuttlebug folder, bird call, and turned it kind of spooky, by adding Glimmer mist black gold and suede over the top of the letterpressed image. I added sparkly detail with copic spicas. I used the sketch from CPS (turned on it's side). It's fun to think outside of the box! What do you have laying around your scrap area that you could re-purpose?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Gini!! WOW!! You are so clever to use this embossing folder!! I never thought of that and I have this one!! :) the colors with those stars really rock and make for a perfect Halloween theme!! I'm so glad you played with us in our first Saturday Spotlight challenge!! I hope you'll play with us again...another new one coming out tomorrow morning!! HUGS

Darlene said...

Wow ... how cool is this! Love your "NOT" Halloween creation ... great job! Thanks for joining us at Saturday Spotlight! I look forward to seeing more of your creations in the upcoming weeks!