Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Think Pink!


To celebrate National Breast Cancer Month, many challenges this week are incorporating pink, or ribbons, or breast cancer awareness themes. I used this adorable stamp set from Flourishes, Think Pink - I love it, because it has the ribbon hidden in some very girly items, like this flouncy dress. I colored this image with my copics (see DCRU challenge this week for coloring). My sketch is from Tuesday Morning Sketches. Melissa's sister is a breast cancer survivor, so this is a cause that hit's very close to home for their family. The Cuttlebug Spot joins in with their support by a Pretty in Pink challenge.

I have to tell you, I had my first mammogram a couple of months ago. I was really worried that is would be a scary experience (and I am a big baby at the doctor's). Ladies, it was so easy!!! So, if you have not had one because you think it will be awful, think again. Please get checked and encourage your friends to do the same!

8 comments:

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Gorgeous! Perfect coloring! and I love the embossing and crotchet flower!
Thanks for playing along :)
~ margie (DCRUDT)

Gwen's Busy Little Hands said...

Absolutely appropriate...exceptionally pretty! Gini, this is wonderful. So glad to see the wonderful ribbon design in the dress. This is a cause we all need to get behind. Outstanding job!

Smiles!
Gwen DT@DCRU

Melissa Craig said...

Gini this is beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches. Don't forget that if you've not signed up for Theresa's bday candy to visit her blog AND snag the freebie digi-stamp from our sponsor Inktegrity.

~JulieH~ said...

Oh this is gorgeous! I love the dress. Thanks so much for joining us at the Cuttlebugspot this week!
Juliex

LORi said...

Just Stunning Gini!!!! So happy you joined us this week!!

Amber said...

Beautiful card Gini!!! Love all the pink and what a wonderful cause! The image you used is just terrific!!!! And I LOVE the flower!!!
Hugs
Amber (DCRU DT)

Sammye Jo said...

LOVE the stamp set! Can't wait to see more! Thanks for playing with us! A personal hats off to you for encouraging others to get the mammogram! Thanks for playing at DCRU DT Blog!- Sammye Jo- DTC- www.62cards.blogspot.com

Cara said...

Hi, Gini! Great coloring on a fab stamp! I'm all for reminding gals to go get their mammos!! It's important! Thanks for joining us again this week at DCRU DT. We love having you play along!
Cara DCRU DT