Monday, November 2, 2009

First Snow


This is the first snow I've seen this year, and hopefully it will stay that way for awhile. I enjoy the snow as long as it melts and goes away quickly, but it doesn't always seem to work out that way. So for now, I will be happy keeping the snow on this card.

This adorable stamp is from Whiff of Joy, and I used it for their challenge this week - to use red, cream and one other color (mine was the blue-green color). I colored him with copics and spicas, and cut him out and glued him to the stamped image on my cream circle (this way I could keep the fine details around the birdhouse). I added a base of snow with Flower Soft (polar ice).

I loved making the snow globe! I took a piece of plastic packaging and cut a circle with my nestabilities. Then I ran it through my cuttlebug with the Swiss dots folder. I then added stickles to the raised dots, so it would really look like snow. This was great for the Simon Says Stamp challenge, for sparkle. I used 3-d Zots to raise the globe away from my image . When I was looking through my stash of paper, I remembered this Cosmo Cricket paper - that is one of my favorites. The challenge at Cuttlebug challenge this week is "favorite things".

I used the sketch from Create 4 Fun, which was perfect for my snowglobe card.

I cut out snowflakes using Winter Woodland cricut cartridge, so that it was perfect for the challenge at Creative Card Crew (to use snowflakes). The challenge at Creative Craft Challenges was to make something with the "1" on it.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is the only snow I see for awhile!

7 comments:

Shawne said...

What a great job you did on all of those challenges, your card is really adorable!

sandra's crafty corner said...

wow what a lovly card i love the colours you have used and the design.
thanks for entering our first challenge over at creative craft challenges.
good luck xxx

Donna said...

Beautiful card, love the gold and red together. Thanks for joining in the CCC Challenge. Donna x

Rach said...

fabulous card, great details and papers. thank you for joining us at wojcb.. xx

Anonymous said...

This is a reallyt wonderful card. thank you for taking part in our first challenge at creative craft challenges

Lorraine A said...

Oh this is fabulous ! :-) I love this snowglobe idea ,, brilliant ! :-) Love all the glitter :-)

Thanks for joining the Simon Says Sparkly challenge :-)
Luv
Lols and the DT x x

Maggie Lamarre said...

luv luv the snowglobe idea..
Maggie
http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com
http://cuttingabove.blogspot.com