Friday, November 6, 2009

Thankful


I am in love with Michelle Perkett's images, so when she issued a challenge this week for earthy, fall colors, I knew exactly what image I wanted to use. I started with the sketch from Cupcake Craft Challenges. I sprayed my background with Tattered Angels and then distressed the edges with ink and sandpaper. My background papers are from CTMH - Twitterpated. I ran paper through my cuttlebug to emboss, and inked the raised designs - so this was great for the Thanksgiving challenge at Cuttlebug Spot and Cuttlebug Challenge. The challenge at Simon Says Stamp was also for Thansgiving or Thanks, and at Pixie Cottage Challenges it was for celebrations. I colored the image with copics, but painted the background moon with Sparkling H2O's. After that, I covered the entire image with liquid glass and then cut it out. Finally, I added some of my first crafting love - some beadwork. I made the beaded sheath of wheat in place of the typical flower. I love all of the dimension of this piece!

12 comments:

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Gini, what a stunning card. I love the image and your colouring is amazing. All the different techniques and textures make this card very special. Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

~Tammy~ said...

Very cool card. Loving that feather. Thanks for playing along with us at CCC this week

Renata said...

Bardzo Ĺ‚adna kartka. Pozdrawiam z Polski Renata

Unknown said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for playing at The Pixie Cottage. Hope to see you again!

Liza said...

A gorgeous card and a great take on this week's sketch. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

Liza x

Pop's Cards said...

This is a really FAB card, a fantastic take on the sketch, thanks for joining us at Cupcake this week, hugs pops x x x

Michelle said...

Hi Gini!

I am in LOVE with your card using my Autumn image! Just Gorgeous! Your Winter Wonderland necklace is so beautiful, you are SO talented, Gini! So glad you and your amazing creative talents are a part of our group, we are so lucky to have you!

Michelle :)

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card, wonderful image and details.
luv
Debby

Tammy said...

Hi Gini!! You did an awesome job with Michelle's Autumn!! Thanks for joining us at The Pixie Cottage and hope to see you again! Good Luck.

queen-of-nostalgia said...

Very Pretty :)Thanks for Playing with the Pixie :)
Cheers!
Kristen

Anonymous said...

This is `Beautiful`
Thanks for joining us at the CB Blog!!!
Have a great week
terrie
http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/

Maggie Lamarre said...

Gini
wow this is so artistic, is that a new stamp company?
thank you,
Maggie
http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com
http://cuttingabove.blogspot.com