Thursday, August 29, 2013

Easy Back to School Project with Xyron

It's always fun to surprise your back-to-schooler with a special treat, tucked into their backpack.  My nephew loves to color, so I made him this fun little Crayon tin using an up-cycled Maya Road Tin and my favorite Xyron adhesives.
 

So this is what the tin started off like - but of course, you could use any similar container that you had.
 I traced around the base of the tin - to make a liner.  After this was cut, it went easily through my Xyron 5" Creative Station.  For something like this, that will get a lot of use and abuse, you want to use an adhesive that will keep the whole sheet down, and not peel up.  So Xyron does the trick.
 I did the same thing for the lid (but had to trace around the acetate window).  To finish the box off, I used May Arts Ribbon.  My favorite way to glue my ribbons is with the Xyron 1.5" Sticker Maker.  I ran the length of ribbon I needed through the machine, peeled off the backing and added it to the box.  I used the new High Tack Adhesive Dots to apply my ribbon.
 What a fun way to carry your crayons in style!

 
 Xyron 5" Creative Station; 1.5" Sticker Maker; High Tack Adhesive Dots; Re-purposed Maya Road Tin, May Arts Ribbon, Graphic 45 Paper.

1 comment: