Monday, March 24, 2014

Not Xyron But Should Be Week

I think all of my creative friends love Pinterest as much as I do! It's a fantastic source of inspiration - and I'm often left wondering...why didn't I think of that!

This week the Xyron DT is using the Not Xyron, But Should Be Board to reinvent some great projects with our own unique twist - and of course, this time, using Xyron!


I took inspiration from Jennifer McGuire's adorable heart canvas.  I love the small hearts filling in the large heart shape.  For my variation, I used circle cuts to fill in my round flower center for my canvas.  Mixing different Xyron adhesives allowed me to apply the circles at varying heights and gave me great dimension.


 So here is how I put together my canvas.

1.  Paint canvas background and allow to dry.
2.  Cut flower petals using Spellbinders Paisley (book pages) and PaisleyScalloped (cardstock).

3.  Apply adhesive to the back of the book page using the Xyron 5" Creative Station.
I prefer to run all of my cuts through at once, and then cut them apart as I use them.
4.  Adhere the book pages to the base and then spray with mist to color.  Shape the petals and set aside.

5.  Die cut a large circle for the center of the flower and run through Xyron 5" Creative Station to apply adhesive to the top side.  Before removing the backing paper, shape the circle so it is slightly cupped.

6.  Use dies and punches to cut a variety of different sized circles from varying shades of yellow paper. Shape most of these to form a cup.

7.  Remove the backing paper and start adhering some of the flat circles to the base. 

8.  Next add the shaped circles.  Then use the Xyron/Teresa Collins Foam Adhesives to add some of the circles higher.
9.  Fill in the small gaps with tiny circles and glue in place with the Xyron/Teresa Colins Clear Hold Adhesive.

10.  Use the Xyron Double Sided Tape to adhere the petals to the flower center.  Apply foam adhesives on the under side of the flower center to adhere to the canvas.





Be sure to check out the Xyron Blog every day this week to discover more Pinterest inspirations!

3 comments:

Shellye McDaniel said...

So totally COOL! Love everything about it, Gini!

Virginia said...

Cute idea, love it!

Arin said...

This is just amazing Gini! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!