Monday, October 12, 2009

Sweethearts


I was off work today, so I worked on this challenge card for Crafting Life's Pieces. She always has such cute sketches, and this one was no exception. The cute little couple is the 50's Sweethearts from Greeting Farms. I paper pieced her skirt, hairbow and the heart - so it was perfect for the Anyone for Anya challenge. I framed the couple using my nestabilities and clear skittles, so this was my entry at One by One the Flamingos are Stealing my Sanity blog (use skittles on a card)

It was yucky and rainy here all day, so I had to scan the card, rather than photographing it, so it doesn't show how much dimension this card has.

I think I will give it to my husband, since we just celebrated our 6 month anniversary! (It's great to be newlyweds!)

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

Congrats on your 6 months anniversary! and he gets a handmade card too?! Wow, how sweet is that. Your card is so cute, I love how you have used pink papers for the girl side and brown for the boy side. Very Creative! Thanks Gini for playing in another CLP challenge. :)Chel

Renata van Miltenburg said...

Don't you just love the effect of paper piecing?

Lovely card with a lot of pretty details.

Love from AFA!

Renata