Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Beary Scrap - Sketch with pastels


It's the second week of our sketch challenge at the Beary Scrap - and the Design Team decided to challenge ourselves to use pastels. I don't really work well with pastels - so this is as close as I got! You may have to hunt for my sketch a little - but it's right there on the center panel!

I was delighted to jump into using Butterfly Garden by Pink Paislee. I used the papers, baubles, Ephemera and the Clear Pops. Many of the embellishments are already sold out, but Kimm will be getting more in. I used a Prima mask, and added some Glimmer Mist to help frame my center panel. I thought this layout would be the perfect spot to highlight the May Arts Sheer Woven Rosette trim. I added Kaisercraft pearls to the center of each flower.

You have until April 14th to play along with our sketch. We would love to see what you come up with!

Challenges:
Stamp and Show: Distressing
Simon Says: Spring Colors

7 comments:

Tracy said...

Your layout is absolutely beautiful, just stunning.

CraftinGranny said...

Gorgeous layout and what a cutie for your inspiration. "Hugs" Carol

Elise said...

Gini your layout totally ROCKS! Wow! This is gorgeous hun!!! I love the Spring colors and all of those butterflies and birds .. oh my .. sooOooo pretty!

Hugs,
Elise

LISA said...

Oh my, this lo is so beautiful!! I want this collection soooo very badly as I love butterflies!! You have worked them beautifully!! Gonna miss your HC work!!

Beate said...

AMAZING! All your work looks wonderful!
Hugs and smiles

Nancy said...

This is beautiful!!!

Thank you for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Wow!! I love this layout! Beautiful embellishments and colors! The stitching is neat too : )

Thanks so much for sharing your work with us at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah