Wednesday, April 13, 2011

My Core’dinations Creative Frenzy

I won some Core'dinations Cardstock several years ago - and since then, I've been hooked. I love all of the cool techniques you can do, and it's even more fun trying to come up with new ideas. So, I'd love to share with you some projects that I made using this versatile paper.




1. Love Wall Hanging: This is a large wall piece - Each wood frame is 10" square - without any embellishments.

I drew the patterns for my flowers and hand cut them , and shaped them. The Core'dinations is perfect to manipulate and really make the flowers life-like. I sprayed Helmar's Vellum adhesive on the pond lily and sprinkled it with glitter to give it shimmer like drops of water.




For my lily pad, I made my own embossing folder to match the pattern of the leaf, and embossed and sanded it.

The letters were a really heavy chipboard that I covered with the crumpled cardstock that was then sanded. I also used the Cosmo Cricket/Core 'dinations embossed paper to line the back of the shadow box frame.


I used the Melody Ross Chip Art tools to deboss my flower name onto chipboard tiles.



Then, I used a dymo label maker with the Core'dinations to stamp out the Latin name of each flower.


For the Easter Lily, I painted the paper white. It's such a nice, heavy paper, it held up great for this technique.


2. Imagine is a layout I created and got to use many of my favorite distressing techniques. I tore some of my edges, sanded, inked the embossed areas. I used Helmar's PVA glue to stamp butterflies from Layers of Color Art Stamps. I let this dry, and then misted the paper with Glimmer Mist.The flowers are made from Ralph Lauren fabric that was stiffened with Helmar's Fabric Stiffener.The leaves were stamped using a Heartfelt Creations stamp, and then torn. My title was cut from Cricut (this paper cuts like a dream ).





3. School Days Mini Book - I really love the vintage feel of this chalkboard effect paper from the Cosmo Cricket/Core'dinations line. The letters were also from a page in this collection, I just cut them out and glued them to the chalkboard. The image is a stamp from Pink Persimmon - I just colored her skintones with Copics, and the rest of her was paper pieced and layered.



Thanks so much for looking!

Challenges:
Simon Says Stamp and Show: Distressing

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty stuff. Best of luck to you!

Lydia said...

Absolutely stunning, love all your projects and wonderful close ups.

Unknown said...

Great work!! Good luck!

Tanya said...

Gorgeous !!!

Hugs,
Tanya

Nancy said...

These are all wonderful!!!
Thank you for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!

Margie Higuchi said...

Hey, Gini!
Saw your link from FB and had to visit! LOVE all your projects - they are so wonderful to look at! Good luck!!

Candy C said...

Hello! Your C'Ordinations pieces are lovely! I particularly love the little school mini book! Darling! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge! <3 Candy

Terry said...

My goodness love your flowers and therefore your creations. Wowzersss absolutely great, thanks for joining us at the Simon Says stamp and show blog. Hugs Terry xxxx