Thursday, July 7, 2011

Robin's Nest Inspiration


Link
I had such a great time on my vacation at the beach last week, I knew that a beachy layout would be a great thing to share with you, for my first post as a member of the Robin's Nest DT.

I wish you could see this sparkly paper in person - it is so much more gorgeous than it looks in my photo. I started out with the Glitter Seashore page, and water distressed the edges. I machine stitched it to a base using metallic silver thread, that looked great with the glitter. I misted the page, which almost made it look like beach water splashing on it. I matted my photo with Brown Fishnet, which is the perfect embellishment for any beach themed project. I snuck in a Crafty Secret Mermaid stamp, that I colored with Copics. And then, I thought that she needed a splash of magic, so I sprinkled Dew Drops in Fairy Dust all around her. My chipboard magnifying glass is from Tattered Angels, but I sprayed the backing paper and added the sentiment and star fish rub-ons from the Water Logged set. Finally, my title is made using the Glitter Letter stickers.

Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

CraftinGranny said...

Beautiful page Gina and so perfectly detailed. "Hugs" Carol

genagirl said...

I really love the colors and they way the "bubbles" spil out from the photo to the surrounding LO.