Welcome to day one of the May Arts Ribbon, Xyron and Simple Stories Blog Week. The next few days promise to inspire you with fantastic ideas from all three design teams. This is my first post of the hop for Xyron, but I will be back on Thursday with another project for May Arts. Be sure to check the blogs to see the daily line-ups and for more details on yummy prize packages.
Today's project is a faux canvas - and I'm going to show you how I created it. I've found that sometimes if you add much media to a scrapbook layout, the page warps or curls - so this simple trick not only gives you more of a canvas look, it also solves this pesky problem.
1. Begin with a textured cardstock (WorldWin ColorMates Textured Denim - Aqua Denim). Use a household sponge to brush on a thin layer of gesso.
2. Run a piece of 12 x 12 chipboard (WorldWin Heavy Chipboard) through the Xyron Creatopia to apply an edge to edge layer of adhesive.
3. Carefully line up the edges, and lay the cardstock down on the chipboard.
4. Stamp background images (Creative Embellishments) using watermark ink, and heat emboss with white powder.
5. Arrange the elements of the layout as desired, using the Xyron/Teresa Collins foam adhesives when dimension is needed.
6. Use the Xyron Double Sided Tape to adhere the ribbon elements.
7. Cut 3 chevrons from the printed paper ( Simple Stories - Hello Baby) Score the center of each.
11. Fussy cut the title from the patterned paper, ink the edges and use foam adhesives to apply.
I hope you have enjoyed my project - and remember to check out the rest of the inspiration this week!
May Arts Ribbon
Once Upon A Sketch - July- (Journaling theme - numbers - Mine is behind the chevrons)
Mixed Media Monthly Challenge #2 - Around the House (sponge, plastic canvas)